Guidelines for using the computers:
- Patrons must have a valid Pioneer Library System card in good standing. Fines of $5.00 or more will block your computer privileges. Visitors to the area may get a Guest Pass upon showing some form of ID.
- Patrons may sign up for one hour time periods. If there are unused computers you will be given more time. The computers automatically shut down ten minutes before the library's closing time.
- Users may not download materials or programs onto the computers' hard drives. We recommend using a USB flash drive to save documents. The Victor Farmington Library does not provide USB flash drives.
- Printing is available at the cost of $.20 a side for black and white. Color printing is $.35 a side.
- Current staffing levels prevent the library from offering personal instruction in the use of the computers. However, the staff will try to provide assistance, if time permits. One on one scheduled training is available. Please inquire at the circulation desk.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Respect the computer systems and not interfere with or disrupt network users, services, programs, software or equipment.
- Respect the legal protection provided by the copyright and licenses to programs and data.
- Use the computers and the Internet for lawful purposes.
- Not transmit or access threatening, obscene (as defined by U.S.and local laws) or harassing materials.
The library is also a Wi-Fi hotspot. The wireless network can be accessed using your own laptop or wireless device and signing into the OWWL network.